Qualified Charitable Distributions – Summer 2018
Hello from Sycamore,
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD), a gift to charity may also be a gift to you:
A qualified charitable distribution is an otherwise taxable distribution from an IRA that is paid directly to the qualified charity. With the recent tax law changes and elimination of many itemized deductions, this may be the right year to ask us how this could help you or a loved one. If you are considering giving a gift to charity, read more to see if a QCD is right for you:
1. You must be over 70 ½.
2. You must have to take RMD’s from your IRA.
3. You do not itemize on your taxes.
Other items of interest:
1. Donations must be made to a charity that has been designated as a 501(c)(3).
2. The maximum annual deduction amount is $100,000 per individual.
3. Donations must be made during the calendar year.
(E.G.: January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018).
Potential Benefits of QCD’s:
1. Reduce adjust gross income (AGI) for tax year the gift is given.
2. Lower taxes paid on Social Security.
3. Increase amount of deductible medical expenses.
Please feel free to call us if you want to discuss if a QCD is right for you 765-455-1554.
Thanks for your business and trust,
Sycamore Financial Group
Past performance does not assure future results. Investors cannot invest directly in the stock market indexes such as the S&P 500. Invest return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate. Investor value, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. The material in this presentation is for illustrative purposes and does not reflect any particular investment.